Emmons Stationery and Office Supply Early Years
Emmons Stationery and Office Supply was founded in 1940 in Stevens Point, WI to serve the office product needs of local businesses with a focus on customer service and quality products. Realizing that other communities might benefit from local stationery stores, Mr. Emmons soon opened branches in Wausau (1945), Wisconsin Rapids (1946), and Appleton (1948).
Napp Office Supply Acquisition
In 1984, Emmons Stationery acquired the stock of Napp Office and Schools Supply Company of Manitowoc. Napp had offices in Manitowoc, Sheboygan and Sturgeon Bay. In September of 1985, Napp merged with Emmons Stationery and the company name was changed to Emmons-Napp Office Products, Inc. (ENOP).
Andersen Office Supply Acquisition
In August 1985, the stock of Andersen Office Supply, Inc of Mauston was an acquired expansion. This merger included offices in Mauston and Wisconsin Rapids.
J&L Office Equipment Acquisition
On December 31, 1985, J&L Office Equipment merged with ENOP. The merger included stores in LaCrosse, Black River Falls and Prairie du Chien.
The 1990 acquisitions included The Business Station located in Green Bay and Appleton, K & L Office Equipment of Green Bay and Marinette.
Emmons Business Interiors, LLC is formed
In 1995, the furniture division of ENOP became Emmons Business Interiors, LLC (EBI) and formed its own company, focusing on the contract furniture needs of Wisconsin and surrounding areas. EBI has a history of over 70 years in the office furniture industry.
In March 2003, EBI added a School Division to further complement and enhance its product offerings and diversity in the marketplace.
In October 2013, a remodel of our Madison office with a 6500 square foot showroom was completed to showcase the latest trends in the marketplace.
Complete Office Acquisition
On January 1, 2015 EBI was acquired by Bubrick’s Complete Office of Wisconsin. Inc. to become one of the largest independent furniture and office supply resellers covering all of Wisconsin and surrounding areas. The philosophies of both companies were similar making this an easy fit for our customers and employees while allowing us to improve our service offerings. The Company removed “Bubricks” and is now known as Complete Office of Wisconsin, Inc.
Hadley Office Products Acquisition
December 1, 2015 Complete Office acquired Hadley Office Products, Inc., located in Wausau, Wisconsin. Hadley’s was also an independently owned company with strong ties to the community.
We continue to grow our business and have added additional showrooms to better serve the needs of our customers. With the acquisition of Hadley’s we combined our Wausau and Stevens Point locations in the fall of 2016 and opened a 7500 square foot showroom in the Wausau area to serve all of Central and North Central Wisconsin. Our most recent showroom is a 9850 square foot showroom in downtown Milwaukee that opened in October of 2017.
As our company has grown we are assuming a leadership role in the continuing development of the office supply and contract furniture industries. For decades, we have been providing exceptional customer service at competitive prices and will continue to extend these services and benefits well into the future.